As I mentioned in my last post, resolutions are just ideas. If you don’t have a plan in place to realize your goals, they will never happen. Whether you are trying to lose weight or start a business, here are a few quick tips that can help you stay on track:
1) Visualize your goal. Can you see yourself reaching your goal? If you can see it, you can do it. Cut out a picture and post it in prominent location as a reminder.
2) Determine what you need to make it happen. Forget the time and money excuse. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
3) Decide on a time frame. Be realistic. You can’t lose 30 pounds in one month, nor should you try. Set weekly and monthly goals. Place them in a visible location.
4) Find people to help you. You may need a coach, a mentor, or just others who share the same goal or vision. Encouragement will help you stick with it.
5) Remember your “why”. Determine the real reason you want to do this. Dig deep. Your “why” will keep you going when you feel like giving up.
It also helps to map out a plan and break it down into small, manageable chunks. Revise it if necessary but keep going until you hit your goal.
Keep in mind that, whether your goal is to lose weight or start a business, you will have to give something up. You need to acknowledge that in advance and be okay with it. Once you establish a routine, things do get easier and it becomes second nature.
The hardest part is coming up with a game plan and sticking to it. However, all you have to do is take the first step and keep your eyes on the prize.
Dori Staehle is the owner and Chief Encouragement Officer at Rock the Next Stage. She is a holistic business and success coach. Her specialty is helping people who are 40+ create businesses that rock and lives that they love. If you need help with your goals, click here to schedule a complimentary, 30-min. strategy session!