It’s actually the same thing that makes a speaker or a singer stand out. No, not vocal power but you’re close. It’s confidence.
When I used to coach bands and solo artists in my other company, Next Stage Entertainment, it was evident who was ready to take it to the next stage and who was not quite ready for prime time. It all boiled down to confidence.
Do any of the following points describe you?
- You are vague about what you do and what you have to offer, both in-person and on your website.
- You don’t talk about your business with excitement and passion.
- You tend to play small and not push the limits too much.
- You listen to too many people and switch gears often.
- Your website and business cards are boring and drab and lack a personal photo.
- You downplay your business or use negative self-talk.
- You don’t continually invest in your business or you treat it as a hobby.
- You’re not sure what your personal style is, so you copy others in your industry.
In order to be really confident, you have to have a clear vision of where you’re going and why. This takes time and discipline. What I’ve found works best is spending time in nature, meditating, spending time with God, and working with different coaches.
Sometimes it takes someone else to point out what’s obvious. You may be ignoring your biggest strength because it probably comes really easy to you. Like I always say, you’ve got to rock what you’ve got. I’ve helped hundreds of bands and solo artists gain confidence and clarity so that they can move onto the next stage. How about you?
Rock Your Brand from the Inside Out!
Need help with clarity and focus, so you can rock your brand with confidence? I’m offering a limited number of private, intensive VIP coaching sessions. They can be local or long-distance and can be either 4-hours on one day or spread out. For more info, click here!
Dori Staehle is the owner and Chief Encouragement Officer at Rock the Next Stage. She specializes in helping Encore Entrepreneurs and empty nesters get their mojo back so they can create a business that rocks and a life that they love. She also uses drumming for health, healing, stress relief, and clarity. To grab her free E-book or sign up for her weekly newsletter, click here.